Midnight Movie: Haunted by a Million Microscopic Ghosts. A Personal Anomalous Broadcast Encounter Report
Witness: Kevin Wikse
Location: Chino, California
Approximate Date: Early childhood, approximately age 5–6
Estimated Era: Early-to-mid 1980s
Primary Location of Encounter: Family residence, laundry room
Time of Broadcast: Daytime/early evening commercial advertising a late-night movie scheduled for approximately 11:00 p.m. or midnight
Duration of Phenomenon: Recurring over approximately one summer and into a school year
Phenomenon Classification: Anomalous television broadcast / possible interdimensional bleed-through
Associated Phenomena: Multiple childhood experiences of high strangeness in the same geographical area
Report Type: Retrospective first-person account
Reported by: Kevin Wikse
Background
Continuing with a few more personal accounts from my own unplanned sojourns into the realms of high strangeness:
There is a television commercial for a movie that I would see repeatedly between the ages of five and six, the same window of time in which I witnessed a skeletal T-Rex saunter across the tops of the San Gabriel Mountains one sunny afternoon from a backyard trampoline in Chino, California.
I had numerous curious experiences involving this laundry room television set. The older I got, the more I realized just how genuinely bizarre these experiences were. As a child, I could not appreciate their implications enough to shudder appropriately.
After decades of reflection, I have come to suspect that this particular area of Chino, California, might have been and likely still is a low-key nexus between worlds, as I encountered and interacted with numerous paranormal phenomena while living there.
Nowhere near the level of Skinwalker Ranch, but enough to bump the needle.
I ought to dedicate an entire series of personal encounter reports to this blog for the purposes of collaboration and advancing both the field and study of parapsychology.
The Broadcast
Directing my attention back to the television set, a commercial would occasionally air while I sat drawing with colored pencils.
The commercial was a station advertisement; I genuinely wish I could remember which channel, for a late-night movie beginning at approximately 11:00 p.m. or perhaps midnight.
The movie concerned a man, apparently a scientist, who accidentally destroyed an entire planet of “people” that he discovered while examining something under a microscope.
The ghosts of this world, millions of them, began a vengeful haunting of the man.
The commercial showed scenes of these tiny spirits entering the cells of his body and taking possession of them individually. I remember watching his face contort and twist in visceral, dreadful horror as he screamed while millions of minute, angry spirits swarmed through his insides.
The commercial left me shaken and deeply unsettled.
I did not like it.
Yet I found it impossible to look away or change the channel whenever it aired.
Something I cannot explain powerfully compelled me to study and observe the man's face as he howled and writhed in incomprehensible terror, almost as though I needed to understand, relate to, or empathize with him, with his predicament and circumstances.
I would try to stay awake long enough to watch the movie itself, but to my recollection, I was never able to do so.
Neither do I remember anyone else ever seeing the commercial or the movie.
I have also never known the title.
In fact, attempting to identify this mysterious movie was one of the very first internet searches I ever made in the late 1990s.
A Broadcast from Somewhere Else?
As my understanding of altered states, anomalous cognition, and the possibility of other realities matured, I began entertaining a far stranger explanation for what I remembered.
What if I had observed a commercial for a movie that existed in a parallel reality?
Drawing could have placed me into an altered or highly absorbed state of consciousness. Television viewing itself produces a peculiar form of sustained visual attention. I began wondering whether that combination, coupled with what I regard as my own psychic sensitivity and the broader high strangeness I experienced in that area, could have somehow allowed me to receive a broadcast originating from a nearby reality, perhaps even one transmitting in real, or near-real, time.
Then there was the television itself.
Over the years, I became interested in the historical intersections between emerging communications technologies, spiritualism, psychical research, and attempts at supernatural communication.
Later in life, through California occultists already well into their eighties and nineties whom I encountered because of who my spiritual Godfather was, I was exposed to traditions and techniques that they claimed had rarely, if ever, been committed to books or discussed outside their lodges. Among these was a method for employing a television as a kind of remote-viewing device.
Southern California was, for a significant period of the twentieth century, an extraordinary crossroads of occultism, alternative religion, esotericism, psychical experimentation, and unconventional spiritual movements. In my estimation, from roughly 1920 through 1980, it functioned as an occult Mecca. While I would no longer place it at number one, I would still comfortably put Southern California somewhere in the top three, globally.
The Problem with “Misremembering”
The explanation commonly offered for experiences like mine is simple: I misremembered it.
I find that explanation profoundly unsatisfying.
Not because human memory is infallible; it obviously is not, but because dismissing an experience as “misremembering” without engaging with the amount of detail, emotional intensity, repetition, and surrounding anomalous experiences does little to explain the phenomenon itself.
There is too much detail.
Too much visceral memory.
Too much associated high strangeness for me to comfortably dismiss the entire experience as a one-off childhood memory error.
The Mandela Effect raises similar questions for me. One example frequently discussed is the Fruit of the Loom logo and the widespread recollection of a cornucopia behind the fruit. I am among those who distinctly remember that imagery and can produce artifacts- clothing from my childhood with Fruit of the Loom labels displaying a cornucopia. Disputes surrounding examples like this are interesting to me precisely because they raise questions about how individual and collective memory interact with records of the past.
Whatever their ultimate explanation, I do not believe such discrepancies should automatically be reduced to stupidity, hallucination, or defective memory.
My own suspicion goes considerably further.
I have wondered whether there could be an active process, natural, technological, intentional, or otherwise, that creates uncertainty about history and about what is or is not “correct” for our supposed present timeline or reality.
Timeline Collapse and “Quantum Welding”
I have written a number of articles exploring my hypothesis of a timeline collapse during the 1980s and subsequent attempts to preserve dimensional integrity and temporal stability by what I call “quantum welding,” the joining of our reality with one of its nearest parallel dimensions.
Within that speculative framework, I have also explored the possibility that the May 25th, 1986 event known as Hands Across America served another purpose beyond the one publicly understood: a ritual organized or influenced by high-level occultists in Southern California to bridge together, or suture closed, a dimensional rift that had opened somewhere deep within Middle America following a timeline collapse and an emerging and unnaturally rapid East-West division.
I want to emphasize that I present this as my own esoteric and paranormal hypothesis, not as established historical fact.
But within that model, my childhood television experience becomes extremely interesting.
I believe fissures between realities could theoretically have allowed a commercial transmission for a movie never produced in our reality to find its way temporarily to an open receiver.
Why This Movie?
This remains the part of the experience that troubles me most.
Why that particular movie?
And why did I see the commercial so many times?
I remember it airing repeatedly over the course of a summer and into an entire school year.
If this were nothing more than a momentary crossing of signals between realities, repetition becomes difficult to explain. Why would the same transmission, or variations of it, keep reaching me?
Intuitively, I have wondered whether the imagery of the movie itself carried some significance.
If our collapsing timeline were somehow going to merge with a nearby parallel reality, could some type of catastrophic event have accompanied that process? Could the destruction of millions of lives or the symbolic representation of such destruction have been involved in making room for one reality within another?
Perhaps the movie was simply entertainment in whatever world produced it.
Perhaps my childhood mind encountered something mundane and transformed it over decades of recollection.
Perhaps it was an attempt to explain something that had already happened.
Or, more unsettlingly, perhaps it represented a warning about something still to come.
My thoughts inevitably extend toward contemporary concerns about magnetic pole shifts, global catastrophe, high-energy physics, CERN, and scientific experimentation at the boundaries of our present understanding. Taking advantage of a natural disaster cycle, a grand catastrophe of such enormous outpouring of material and emotional energy, I, as an occultist, see the potential for the establishment of a new world timeline in which the tether to the manifesting anchor of our collective world-generated history is severed, becoming host or swallowed by another parallel reality.
But I digress; all that is simply part of the larger constellation of questions surrounding this experience.
Call for Corroborating Reports
This is ultimately why I am documenting the encounter publicly.
I would be extremely interested in hearing from anyone who has experienced what might be described as a rogue or errant broadcast, particularly people who remember seeing advertisements for movies or television programs that apparently never existed, broadcasts that nobody else remembers, inexplicable interruptions of ordinary programming, or media seemingly originating from a world subtly different from our own.
A close friend of mine has described an experience involving what appeared to be a 2012 presidential debate between two candidates in an adjacent version of America.
Stories like these are easy to laugh away individually.
Collected together, properly documented and compared, they become data.
If you have experienced something similar, record as much as you can remember: your approximate age, year, geographical location, television station or frequency if known, time of day, what you were doing immediately before the broadcast, what you saw, how long it lasted, whether anyone else witnessed it, and what happened afterward.
I am particularly interested in repeated broadcasts rather than isolated incidents.
Taking Stock of What Stalks You.
Kevin Wikse is a cryptid researcher, investigative journalist, and author specializing in cryptozoology, Fortean phenomena, folklore, and the paranormal. His work combines eyewitness testimony, historical research, and field investigation to document the mysteries that continue to lurk just beyond conventional understanding.

Comments
Post a Comment